Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cover-a-Day #1


I have always been a big fan of producing A LOT of work whenever focusing on a particular project. Recently though, I haven't really been producing much of anything, let alone lots of something. In an effort to battle this apathy I am struggling against I have decided to try something extreme. I am going to make a Portland Mercury cover everyday for the next month.

I don't know why I am doing this with Mercury covers, I think I just find the medium incredibly open to whatever I want to do. Also, I don't have to think about type faces (my least favorite design thing ever next to package design). But mostly, I think, I like the idea that by doing this I might make something I could actually print.

So check back often to see if I can pull it off. I am shooting for 4-7 quality covers, thinking that the rest will probably be kinda... well, terrible.

I would like to thank Madeline for inspiring this idea.